Austin Engineering Ltd. is an award-winning engineering firm located in Trail, BC, that provides geotechnical, civil, structural, hydrotechnical and dam safety engineering.
As an innovative industry leader, we are expanding our operations and are currently seeking a Junior Engineering Technologist/Technician to join our team. This position offers challenge, responsibility and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team.
Our team provides responsive and innovative engineering solutions to clients across British Columbia and ensures consistent, high-quality service. We are driven by our commitment to excellence, innovation and client success.
- Prepare, plan, profile, and detail drawings for various infrastructure projects, including but not limited to, dams, bridges, drainage, site development, industrial structures, and commercial buildings.
- Complete design calculations across a variety of civil and structural projects.
- Develop preliminary and detailed designs of dams, bridges, drainage site development, industrial structure, and commercial building projects in accordance with British Columbia design practices.
- Conduct field work, including but not limited to, field inspections, construction inspections and surveying.
- Develop cost estimates, construction specifications and contract documents.
- Complete environmental permit applications.
Skills & Qualifications:
- An Engineering Technology/Technician diploma or certificate, or equivalent training.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Expertise in understanding and interpreting construction drawings and documents.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Excel, Word).
- Superior organization and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an approachable, enthusiastic attitude.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Obtained an AScT/CTech designation or meet the eligibility requirements.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D and SAP2000.
- Prior experience in the construction industry.
- Knowledge of British Columbia design standards and codes.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages, benefits package and a company-sponsored RRSP program.
- A modified 4-day flexible work schedule, with additional hours that may be required by project deadlines.
- Growth and opportunity in an employee-owned company.
- A professional business environment and career development.
- Dedication to innovation with an in-house hydraulics lab outfitted for 3D printing and hydraulic modeling.
- Commitment to driving industry standards in dam safety through cutting-edge research.
- Work culture that promotes diversity and collaboration.
- Opportunity to make your mark in a growing company.
Junior Engineering Technologist/Technician – Job Posting
Compensation will be determined based on qualifications and industry experience.
If you have a passion for civil and structural engineering and would like to join the Austin Engineering team, please send your resume to email@example.com by August 20, 2021.
We would like to thank you for your interest in Austin Engineering. Please be aware that only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.