Civil/Structural Engineering Student
We are currently seeking a Civil/Structural Engineering student to join our team full-time for an 8 month term from January to August 2018.
Austin Engineering Ltd., located in Trail, BC in the beautiful West Kootenays, specializes in civil and structural engineering. Our team offers all aspects of construction management including project planning, scheduling, estimates, quality control, procurement, contracts, engineering and construction site safety. With a background in contracting, we understand the importance of completing projects on time and on budget. Our work includes high voltage substations, generating stations, highway bridges, overpasses, industrial operations, and remediation of concrete and earth dams. Along with heavy civil engineering and construction, we also manage commercial and residential renovations.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for you to gain knowledge and practical experience, and develop your skills in the Civil/Structural Engineering industry.
- Research and development of civil and structural design standards.
- Involvement in a variety of assignments, working both in the office and in the field.
- Monitoring and assisting with the implementation of a quality control program.
- Review and management of technical documents including specifications and design drawings.
- Produce or revise, using computer assisted drafting applications or by hand, a variety of routine engineering and schematic drawings used for civil and structural projects from information provided in the form of design sketches and written or verbal instructions.
- Civil/Structural Engineering student enrolled full-time at a recognized college or university.
- Preference will be given to students in their 3rd or 4th year.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, be well organized and able to work under pressure.
- Working knowledge of MS Office required.
- Experience with AutoCAD and STAAD Pro an asset.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Class 5 driver’s license (or equivalent).
Wage: $18.00 per hour
If you are a highly motivated self-starter, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by December 12, 2017.
We can offer you challenge, responsibility, and an environment to grow your career!
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.